The cannabis industry presents extremely high legal risks for those who do not fully understand the relevant laws in every jurisdiction in which they operate. Drawing on Baker McKenzie’s global network, this blog is designed to help readers navigate this complicated web of regulations and exploit the legal opportunities offered by the industry internationally, while always staying on the right side of the law. Our contributors come from Baker offices around the world. The blog covers all aspects of cannabis compliance including existing laws and proposed legislation in various countries and U.S. states, significant court cases and judicial decisions, enforcement trends, and best practices in compliance. We welcome feedback and suggestions as to how we can make this blog more relevant and useful for our readers.
- Getting into the Weed(s): Representing Marijuana Businesses in Tax Matters
- UAE Defies Global Trend Towards Cannabis Liberalization
- UAE Zero Tolerance Policy on Cannabis
- Introducing Baker McKenzie’s Global Cannabis Dashboard: The Regulatory Landscape Across 112 Markets
- Who’s Afraid of Code Section 280E?
- Implementing Thai Regulations on Cannabis and Hemp in Food Products
- Thailand Continues to Carve Out Certain Cannabis and Hemp Plants from Regulation; What This Means for the Future of Cannabis in the Country
- USDA Issues Final Rule for Hemp Production